Dear Little Baby,
Dr. Newton and I talked some more this morning about Amnioinfusion. He said that if we do it, it will be experimental, and that we won’t do it unless he thinks your chances have gone to zero. Right now you are hanging in there. Your heartbeat is strong, you’re not showing any signs of distress, and we have some hope. He doesn’t want to try something that could either really help or really hurt unless you aren’t doing well anymore.
Your big sister (Baby Cayce) had her cardiology appointment today. Your Daddy sent me a picture of her outfit from today. Let’s just say I don’t think your Daddy is going to be on the short list for “Fashion Designer.” The doctor that saw Baby Cayce did an ultrasound on her heart. She has a moderate to large Atrial Septal Defect and Pulmonic Valve Stenosis. Which basically means her heart doesn’t work right, but it isn’t going to be fatal in the next six months. If the doctors can wait until she is five years old to fix it (in other words, if she doesn’t have any problems with it before then) the doctors can fix it through her femoral artery. If they can’t wait that long, they will have to do open heart surgery. So, Baby Cayce will have ongoing cardiology appointments, and you will have hundreds of your own appointments, I am sure.
I am trying not to stress and I am trying to focus on just today for today. Let’s just hang in and hang on, Little Baby. As long as you’re fighting, I’m still fighting. I love you.